Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Penelope, Halloween, Approaching Birthday

Hope you all had a great week! Don't eat all the Halloween candy at once!

Just so you guys know, I turn 20 on NOV 11th!!!!

939 W Chapala Drive
Tucson AZ 85706

I left this out in last week's email. On Sunday we had some Stake primary leaders and they didn't speak Spanish so I sat behind them and translated the meeting for them. It went pretty well! It was my first time and when I heard a word in Spanish I had to put extra effort to say it inn English because I don't have to translate in my head anymore, I understand it. Iglesia is Iglesia, I don't have to translate it to church to understand.

Monday: We went to a park and played sports outside! Later, We had a Family Home Evening about the Priesthood with Ana and Israel.

Tuesday: Food Bank! It went well and then we went to the elementary school to unload a truck of a cookie dough fundraiser. After changing and finishing studies, we visited Raquel and her daughter Emily. Emily is not a member so we are teaching her the lessons. After dinner and appointment fell through but we were able to see Penelope! She is SUPER excited to be baptized! 

Wednesday: District meeting! I love giving trainings! It was on Endure to the End and the personal application of that principle. After our meeting and lunch with other missionaries, I didn't feel good so I needed to lay down for a bit. Then, we went and visited the referral family and had a nice little lesson with them. Later, we had volleyball! I'm not really sure if we won or lost...

Thursday: Food bank then studies. We had an appointment with Raquel and Emily again. Raquel's older daughter was there too, Juliana. She had amazing questions so we started teaching her too! Then we had our meeting at the church. 

Friday: We had a lot of planning to do! After studies and working on planning for the upcoming week, we visited Ivan and his mom Bertha. We shared a nice lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ(Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End). After dinner, we visited with Penelope and talked with her about her baptismal program. She asked me if I could baptize her! 

Saturday: We had a nice service in the morning with Joe cleaning up at a park then we worked on a computer to put together the program for the baptism. Later, we had a very nice lesson with Laura and Jorge Ching! We talked about reading and praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true. I know that as they receive their answer that they will know it is true and desire to act on that knowledge. Later, we had the Branch Halloween party! There were Sonoran Dogs and a trunk-o-treat for the kids.

Sunday: Today was really nice. I taught the Gospel Principles class about Temples and Family History. Then I also helped teach the Young Men's class with Xavier. He is Penelope's cousin that is a member. Later, we had a lesson with Penelope. When we got there, her dad walked out and asked if he could start taking the lessons too! He wants to get baptized!

So this week has been awesome and I am so happy to be here in Los Reales and really see the work picking up!

Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Dallin Baker



No comments:

Post a Comment