Friday, July 22, 2016

How Firm a Foundation

This is an amazing hymn!

Alfonso and Anel: We had an amazing lesson last night talking about repentance! They loved it! This is what they needed to help prepare them to accept baptism. They had good questions and understood it all very well! 

Francisco: We taught him the Plan of Salvation. We taught it very simply and he loved it! He was happy to know that he has a purpose in this life and that he can fulfill it and live eternally with his family. 


Jose Rodriguez: We had a great lesson with him! We talked about Moroni's promise and how to receive answers. During the lesson Elder Acosta and I both had the feeling that one day he could be a branch president. He has a great testimony and desires to know that the Book of Mormon is true. 

Orfilda: Please pray for Orfilda. She left to Mexico because her brother passed away. He, about 25 years old, and his expectant wife were killed in a car accident in Mexico.  


This week was a bit tough, or at least felt tough, but we made it through. 

I wanted to talk more about that hymn, How Firm a Foundation. 
Verse 3 and 7 are my favorite! 

3:
Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

7:
The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, I’ll never, no never,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake!

I love this hymn! Christ loves to help us and is there with us! If we do what is right we have no need to fear because if we follow Jesus Christ, He will bless, guide, protect, and strengthen us to fulfill our divine potential. Once we choose to follow Christ, we cannot turn back. It would be wrong and how could we leave good for evil? And why would you leave? But some still leave as they are deceived. We must hold strong to "the way, the truth, and the life" which is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Holy Messiah, our Savior and Redeemer. 

Love,
Elder Dallin Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment