Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back in the USA and in the Field! - Week 6

Holla!

The last couple days at the CCM were amazing!! On Friday night we had Costco Chicken Bakes for dinner!!! The Costco in Mexico loves the CCM! I had to get another haircut just to look fresh for the Mission President. On Wednesday I played volleyball for 4 hours!! My knees were very sore. Sunday was amazing with all the devotionals, the Joseph Smith Restoration movie, and the testimony meeting for the departing missionaries. I really felt the Spirit and took notes!


So Monday morning I left the MTC! I woke up at 1:45 AM, out the MTC at 3:30, 3 hour flight to Phoenix at 7, arrived at 8:30 local, 10:30 flight to Tucson was delayed until 12:30. Arrived in Tucson about 1:30, and then meetings. Yesterday was very eventful but I got Pei Wei for lunch!!! Then today I woke up at 5 to be at the transfer site... Not much sleep has occurred...

Thank you Mom and Dad for the packages!!! Greatly appreciated!!

I slept at a Zone Leader's apartment last night then transfers were this morning. Today I met my companion and trainer Elder Tyler. He is very nice, very friendly, and a great missionary! I am serving in a Spanish Branch so these first couple days or weeks will be very interesting as I learn more Spanish...

We finished all our lessons with our fake investigators and we got to find out the true stories! Ana was able to give up alcohol and be baptized! She has been a strong member for a few years now!

Now that I am in the Field in Tucson Arizona I will have real investigators!!!

It is kinda scary to be out in the field now! I am nervous but excited! I am in a car area which is really nice!!!

So far it has been great! Today I moved in and went shopping! I am happy to report that I have NO JUNK FOOD! I am going to eat very healthy on my mission!

I created this quote this week, "Life is full of 'Goodbyes' to make the last and grand 'Hello again' so much sweeter."

2nd Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Sorry for the short letter, not much has happened since Wednesday.

Love,
Elder Dallin Baker




No comments:

Post a Comment