Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Week 5! - Week 10

So this is the start of week 5!

And my 19th Birthday is 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!

So I have been asked to give my average day so here we go,

6:30 Wake
Exercise, Breakfast, Showers, Get Dressed
8:00 Personal Study
9:00 Companionship Study
11:00 Language Study
12:00 Lunch
1:00 Depart
We Drive to appointments, visit with members, and work on finding new investigators.
5 or 6 PM We have dinner! Mostly Mexican which is very good!
9:00 Get back home and Plan for the next day
10:30 Be in bed by this time


So sometimes we have to adjust or study schedule to fit service or others meetings. And some of the time appointments cancel.

So since I am in a car area we need gas! We use a mission credit card but I still like to look at the gas prices. THEY ARE $2.97!!!! On average!!! HOLY COW!!!!!

On Tuesday night we had a lesson with 2 members of the Elders Quorum Presidency. They talked basically the whole lesson! It was amazing because they really connected with our investigator, Jose Angel, but we didnt play much of a part. For numbers, it was a member present lesson but we called it our "Missionary Present Member Lesson."

So on Wednesday I was part of an exchange. Our Zone leaders exchanged with us. Tuesday night I went to the Zone Leader's apartment to spend the next day with Elder Gudmundson, while my comp, Elder Tyler, spent the day in our area with the other Zone Leader, Elder Graham. So on Wednesday I was in an English area! I liked it! I loved being able to communicate effectively and be able to talk about myself more fully. At dinner, I basically told my whole life story. Little diarrhea of the mouth. I talked way to much. By the end of the day I was ready to get back to speaking Spanish.

So in sad news, we were not able to meet with Luis this week! We havent been able to get a hold of him. We will keep trying this week but we cant pester him and drive him away. Hector has also escaped our radar.

So our main people we are working with are these names: Noe and his family (Noe and his wife Leti, their sons Noecito and Salvador. We also just found out that Leti and Noe might not be officially married so this will be interesting...), Jose Angel and his wife Maria (He is a nonmember, Maria is less active.), Luis (A 19 guy who has a troubled past with gangs and alcohol.), Eduardo (Our new investigator that has been prepared by a member.), and Guillermo (A recent convert. We are going to start preparing him for the Temple.).

On Saturday we had a booth at a park festival. It was a great success! We got so many referrals! We were giving out free Church DVDs! Here is the catch! My idea was to not give any out at the park, but to have them write down their info on a sheet and enter a "raffle" to receive the DVD. Turns out everyone wins and gets a DVD delivered by Missionaries to their doorstep! So we have a ton of opportunities now to get new investigators or at least prepare people for other missionaries. We will at least be able to share a message at the door.

Sunday was awesome! We had Maria and Jose Angel attend! I think it has been a few years since Maria last attended church! Eduardo was also there! We just need to get him a baptismal date because he is practically already in the font!

So thank you again for the package! And please send letters!

My birthday is soon! November 11th! I only get 1 more year as a teen!!

So I hope this was long enough, I just wish I had more time to write! If you want me to write you and respond in a nice, lengthy letter just write me a classic paper letter! Or you can type it and send it in the mail. But send me mail and I can respond personally and with greater length.

Address:
939 W Chapala Drive
Tucson, AZ 85704

Love,

Elder Dallin Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment